If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. ~Michael J. Fox

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

On Your Mark... Get Set.... GO!

This week we are talking about forms of transportation. I decided to have a little fun and make the class a race track. It was a BIG hit!

What you need:

  • Pool Noodle
  • Paper
  • Toothpicks 
  • Glue
  • Duct Tape
  • Cars!



I sliced the pool noodle in half and used toothpicks to attach the sides together. For stability and to make the track more smooth for racing, I sealed it with black duct tape. 

To make it look more like a track, I made little flags and a START and FINISH line. 



I made the flags from heavy paper and toothpicks. I simply cut out triangles and glued them onto the toothpicks. Then just insert! 



I put them in an order like a stop light. They start as green, turn to blue and yellow, and end in red. 

The kids LOVED it and ask every morning for us to take it out again. The duct tape really helped make the cars go faster and smoother down the track! 




HAPPY RACING

No comments:

Post a Comment